Monday, December 17, 2012

dry shampoo

Ok so a few people texted me about the dry shampoo I mentioned in my last post, 
so I thought i'd give everyone the run down on my new favorite product.

I should start out by saying that I don't normally encourage people to buy Suave.
Since going to beauty school I have definitely seen that in general
 the nicer the product, the better your hair looks and feels.
However, after working in a few beauty supplies, and literally trying every dry shampoo,
 I found myself less than impressed with most of the upscale brands. 
So one day my sister told me that she loved the Suave dry shampoo.
At first I thought she was a little crazy,
(sorry Becca)
but after one use my life changed forever.
I was finally able to wash my hair as infrequently as i'd always dreamt.
(who says dreams don't come true?)
Since then i've been religiously dry shampooing my hair and loving every minute of it.

So,
This is what it looks like....

Its seriously under $3.00 at most grocery stores.
It smells amazing, which is awesome because sometimes hair can smell dirty.
(don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about)
Its also super volumizing, so if you have fine hair this will give it a little extra umph. 
(umph= something awesome that will make your hair look bigger and fuller)

Do's and Don'ts
Do feel free to use it as many days in a row as you can possibly before your husband asks, 
when was the last time you washed your hair?
Don't hold it too close or your hair will look white.
Do use this after you've had a good work out and you're a little sweaty, 
(or if you are like me and you get sweaty lifting your child's carseat in and out of the car)
Don't feel ashamed if after a while you can't remember the last time you washed your hair.
Do rub it in after your spray, especially if you have dark hair.
Don't freak out if you feel it in your hair after a couple uses. 
Its not hurting it, it will just wash out.
and
Do enjoy this new amazing dry shampooing phase in your life. 

Happy Spraying

ps) last week I went 5 days (yes I said 5) in a row without washing my hair, 
and on the 5th day Brandon told me how cute my hair looked and took me on a date. 
Just sayin. 











2 comments:

Denny and Denise said...

You are one amazing little lady...so glad to know about this. Love you.

The Potters said...

Hey... i've gone 5 days without washing it too!!!
I read this blog post http://blogs.babble.com/babble-voices/the-great-beauty-experiment-natalie-holbrook/2012/11/09/in-which-our-heroine-boldly-stops-washing-her-hair/
and it inspired me! I love not washing my hair!!! miss you guys!