Friday, December 7, 2012

gifts

Well Thanksgiving came and went
and my pants are definitely tighter.
"A good time was had by all in attendance"
( Deniseism #538)
(this picture is priceless)

I was sad to leave my family
but now I'm ready to begin my countdown to Christmas!
(18 days I believe)

Christmas is very different when you have a child.
Its so much more magical.
Even though Avery doesn't have a clue whats going on
we sing Christmas songs to her,
we show her Thomas, The Elf on the Shelf 
and she wears her Christmas jammies!

(compliments of GeGe and Papa)

Because we'll be out of town for Christmas day
we decided to give Avery a few of her gifts early.
Brandon and I assembled them while she was taking a nap,
and after all her toys were complete I found myself wanting to wake her up
so that I could see her excitement as she played with them!
(She did not disappoint. Lots of drool and squeaks!)
I now understand why my parent's Christmas wish each year was for their children to be happy!

My cousin shared this video and I thought was just so adorable!
plus the little boy in it reminds me of a young Brandon.


Now if that doesn't melt your heart, I just don't know what will!
Happy Giving! 

3 comments:

Papa D said...

I was wonderful having you and all the family together. The pictures with the grandkids truly are priceless!

Rachel said...

That picture is hysterical.

Denny and Denise said...

I love the video and I loved having you home...and dad is right, the picture is priceless.